Last Update: 25 July 2013
Save The Date !!!!
This is the final update !!!! See you there !!!!
The best summertime contest in the SouthEast is back !!!!
Remember the Nationals are in Colorado,
and not that we don't want you to go there,
but it could be a long summer without a contest !!
Garber United Methodist Church Ministry Center
4201 Country Club Drive, New Bern, NC, 28562
View directions to the contest.
NO SMOKING is allowed in the Garber UMC Ministry Center or on the grounds.
Smokers may smoke inside their vehicles in the parking lot.
All cigarette butts must be kept inside the vehicle and not thrown on the ground.
No real/full-scale replica weapons or replica/re-enactment military uniforms may be carried/worn, displayed, or sold on the property.
Violation of these policies may prohibit our future use of this wonderful facility, so your understanding and assistance would be appreciated.
- Single day event, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
|Vendor Setup:||7:00am - 9:00am|
|Registration:||9:00am - 12:30pm Plan ahead -- if you are still filling out paperwork at 12:30, you are late.|
|Judges Meeting: ||12:30pm Promptly ! Plan ahead.|
|Judging starts:||1:00pm   Promptly !|
|Awards:||after Judging, about 4:00pm|
|Contest Close:||after Awards, about 5:00pm|
- Admission: Prices still haven't gone up !
| ||Adults (18 & over): ||$10 -- unlimited entries and spouses free.|
| ||Juniors (under 18):||FREE with an entry.|
- General Admission:
| ||Family Pass: ||$10 (three or more)
- Theme: "North Carolina on my Mind".
To be eligible for this Theme Award, models must represent a person, place, or event that is related to North Carolina, or happened in North Carolina, or involved people from North Carolina.
Entries must be accompanied by supporting documentation.
- Right Here
- Right Here
- Registration & Entry Forms:
- We encourage you to Fill out your forms in advance !!!
If you can Judge, please send an email to the Chief Judge:
He is particularly interested to know those who would be willing to be Class Head Judge.
We will have separate tables for display models; please fill out registration forms, with Display Only checked, so we can properly identify them when photographed.
Do Us (and you) a Favor: At least one week before the contest, email John Ratzenberger
giving the approximate number of models you will be bringing by Category and anything really big.
This isn't to give away your entry strategy, but it will help us with table arrangement especially if we need to get more.
Please do this by 19 July, the night before the contest isn't helpful.
- Vendor Info:
- Current Vendor List: Right Here.
- Table Reservations: Sorry, absolutely no tables or space left !!!
Plus, ECPM has a limited number of these dandy home-made, environmentally-friendly, modeler-guy shopping bags for sale, ideal for holding your goodies from our vendors!!
- Award Sponsorship:
- You can sponsor an award at our contest, Right Here !!!
Hurry, they're going fast !!!
Add your name to this list of trophy sponsors !!!
- Special Events:
Make 'n Take -- the opportunity for parents and kids to build a model together.
The famous ECPM Raffle !!!! Always a full table worth way more than the price of the tickets!!!
· And it is huge this year, our biggest ever, with well over 100 kits, many with aftermarket, plus many books!!
· Tickets are $1 for one, $5 for six.
· Each contest entrant will receive one free ticket at registration !!
· You place your tickets in the category you want to win from, and as always our raffle is winner's choice !!
· We expect to again have several "Grand Prizes".
· Raffle drawings will be held at 11am, 1pm, and 3pm with the Grand Prizes being last.
· You can help our raffle - download the Raffle Donation Form in Adobe PDF format.
- We will have an onsite vendor for food and drink -- the usual modeling food:
hot dogs, corn dogs, hamburgers, BBQ pork sandwiches, fried wings/tenders, fries, and assorted sodas and water.
This will be a CASH only operation, so hit the ATM's beforehand !!!
- We will make an effort to get an on-table photo of every model entered so we can post them to our website as we have in prior years.
These will not be used for commercial purposes.
We may take multiple shots for additional detail.
- Other Information:
- Lodging: 1-800-437-5767
- Learn more about historic New Bern and the surrounding area.
- Contact Info:
- Contest Director:
- Vendor Coordinator:
- Award Sponsorship:
- Raffle Donations:
- Chief Judge:
- Help Us Out:
Download the Contest Flyer (Adobe PDF format) and pass it around.
Information, images, and all other items placed electronically on this site are the intellectual property of ECPM.
References to these items by hyperlink or by citation are permitted and encouraged. For any other use, please
contact the webmaster.