Last Update: 14 April 2018
Save The Date !!!!
Make Plans Now. Watch This Page.
The best summertime contest in the SouthEast is back !!!!
- Updates and important info.
· 14 April: Facility information updated.
· 14 April: Displays under Special Events updated.
· 14 April: Vendor List updated.
· 18 March: Vendor List updated.
· 18 March: Award Sponsor List updated.
· 18 March: Rearranged deck chairs on the mainpage.
- Facility: A new one !!!
Havelock Tourist & Event Center
201 Tourist Center Drive, Havelock, NC, 28532
(right between/behind the Holiday Inn & Hampton Inn)
View directions to the contest.
NO SMOKING is allowed in the Havelock Tourist & Event Center.
Please help keep the grounds & parking lots neat by properly disposing of trash, butts, etc.
No outside food is allowed in the building, there will be snacks available (provided by the HTC).
- Schedule: Single day event, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
|7:00am||Vendor & Site Setup.|
| ||Registration open.|
| ||Vendor Room open.|
|11:00am||1st Raffle Drawing.|
| ||Judges Meeting.|
| ||Plan ahead -- if you are still eating or filling out paperwork at 12:30, you are late.
|1:00pm||Judging starts -- Promptly !|
| ||2nd Raffle Drawing.|
|3:00pm||Silent Auction bidding closed; winners announced.|
| ||Start 3rd & final Raffle draw until it's all gone.|
|4:00pm||Awards: after Judging, about 4:00pm.|
|5:00pm||Contest End: after Awards, about 5:00pm & Facility closes.|
- Admission: Prices still haven't gone up !
| ||Adults (18 & over): ||$10 -- unlimited entries and spouses free.|
| ||Juniors (under 18):||FREE with an entry.|
- General Admission:
| ||Family Pass: ||$10 (three or more)
- Theme: "The United States Marines".
- To be eligible for the Theme Special Award, models must represent any person, place, event, or equipment related to "The United States Marines".
Entries must be accompanied by supporting documentation.
- Rules: PDF format
- Categories: PDF format
- Registration & Entry Forms: We encourage you to Fill out your forms in advance !!!
If you can Judge, please contact the Chief Judge, Andy Fulcher, (see Contact Info below)
particularly if you would be willing to be Class Head Judge.
We may have separate tables for display models but will not be sure until later in the planning process, keep an eye here for an announcement.
- We don't use table leg extensions.
- Special Events:
The famous ECPM Raffle !!!! Always a full table worth way more than the price of the tickets!!!
· Tickets are $1 for one, $5 for six.
· Each contest entrant will receive one free ticket at registration !!
· As always, our Raffle is Winner's Choice !!
· Drawings will be held at 11am, 1pm, and the final, until it is all gone, at 3pm. You must be present to win.
· New this year is a Silent Auction for the Grand Prize items !!
· Silent Auction bidding will close at 3pm.
· You must be present to win; payment is expected, at the time, in cash or check.
· For more information, to include how to donate to our Raffle, download the Raffle Information in Adobe PDF format.
· Please contact David Mohr (see Contact Info below) for Raffle & Silent Auction information.
In addition to the excellent displays already in the Havelock Tourist & Event Center, we are working with several historical and modeling organizations for displays. Right now we have lined up:
· Carolina Maritime Modeling Society / Friends of the Museum from Beaufort NC.
· Stay tuned for more.
- Contest Sponsorship:
You can sponsor an award at our contest, Right Here !!! Hurry, they're going fast !!!
Add your name to this list of award sponsors !!!
Other contest sponsors and donors.
Add your name to this list of contest sponsors !!!
Please contact Jay Roig (see Contact Info below) for any sponsorship questions or information.
- Vendor Info:
- Current Vendor List: Right Here.
- Table Reservations:
Download the Vendor Information and Registration Form in Adobe PDF format.
- Please contact John Ratzenberger (see Contact Info below) for reservations, questions, or any vending needs.
- Essential Info:
Cost: $15.00 per table + one respectable Raffle Donation per vendor. We prefer the payment in advance, raffle item when you get here.
Setup: 7:00am - 9:00am. Tear down: we must be out of the facility by 5pm.
Tables are 6 x 2-1/2-foot banquet tables.
We have 30 tables programmed; think vertically and limit your request to five or fewer.
We will do our best to meet special requests for layout.
Electricity is available, but bring your own cords.
Internet is not reliable; bring your own smartphone with credit card square.
There is just 1 dolly in the facility, so bring your own.
- No outside food is allowed in the building, there will be onsite snacks & drinks available from the HTEC.
There are a number of food places a short distance from the Event Center.
- Other Information:
- Local Area Information.
- Lodging: 1-800-437-5767 or these two hotels adjacent to the contest site:
- 1-252-447-9000 Holiday Inn Express/Suites.
- 1-252-447-9400 Hampton Inn.
- Contact Info:
- Contest Director, Registration, Vendor Coordinator:
John Ratzenberger; (252)-573-9016 or (252)-480-0752.
- Chief Judge, Registration:
Andy Fulcher; 252-726-9138 or (252)-725-5921.
- Awards and Sponsorships:
Jay Roig; 252-349-3741.
- Raffle & Silent Auction:
David Mohr; 614-531-6588.
- Help Us Out:
Download the Contest Flyer (Adobe PDF format) and pass it around.
- Become a Vendor.
- Sponsor an award.
- Donate to the Raffle.
Information, images, and all other items placed electronically on this site are the intellectual property of ECPM.
References to these items by hyperlink or by citation are permitted and encouraged. For any other use, please
contact the webmaster.